Self Image Profile Adult Kit (SIP-A)
The Self Image Profile for Adults (SIP-Adult) is a brief self report measures that taps the individual’s theory of self.
The SIP-Adult consists of 32 items rated by the respondent in terms of both how they think of themselves and how they would like to be.
The SIP-Adult provides a visual display of self image, enabling the individual, as they complete it, to reveal to him/ herself, as well as to the clinician, ways they construe themselves.
The SIP-Adult also provides a measure of Self Esteem, which is calculated by the discrepancy between ratings of ‘How I am’ and ‘How I would like to be’.
The SIP can be used in research to gather an estimate of self image and self esteem, in clinical practice to identify aspects the person wishes to change, or employed wherever an estimate of an individual’s self construing is considered appropriate.
It is easy to administer and can be employed by Psychologists, Mental Health Workers, Counsellors and Specialists working with adults in a variety of situations.
- Identifies both self image and self esteem
- Items are short well-known descriptions, based on frequently elicited accounts of self derived from a large sample of adults
- Easy and quick to administer and score
- UK norms, based on samples drawn from across the UK
- May be used as a screening instrument where a quick assessment of self is required
- Identifies where people wish to change and therefore offers therapeutic avenues