Children aged 5 and under who are on the Autism Spectrum often have social communication difficulties can find it difficult to interact meaningfully with others. The “More than Words®” programme was developed for parents to help their children reach full potential by empowering the adult with knowledge and strategies to improve social communication, play and imitation skills.
Everyday activities such as mealtimes, story times and bath times become ideal and fun opportunities to learn, communicate and develop skills!
- What motivates your child to communicate.
- How to use your knowledge about your child to set appropriate and realistic goals.
- How to make interactions with your child last longer.
- Guidance on using pictures and text to reinforce/aid understanding.
- Strategies on how to talk so that your child understands you.
- Ways of developing your child’s play skills.
- How to help your child make friends.