Gray Oral Reading Test -5 Kit (GORT-5)
Gray Oral Reading Test Fifth Edition (GORT-5) is one of the most widely used measures of oral reading fluency and comprehension in the United States.
The GORT-5 has two equivalent forms: Form A and Form B. Each form contains 16 developmentally sequenced reading passages with five comprehension questions each.
- Identify students who may need more intensive or explicit instruction in reading in order to make adequate progress in reading facility and/or comprehension.
- Diagnose specific reading disabilities in children through young adults.
- Compare intra-individual reading skills (e.g., reading rate vs. comprehension) and to help tailor interventions to the student?s specific needs.
- Evaluate students? progress in reading using pre-and post-intervention testing.
- Conduct reading research.
The complete GORT-5 Kit Includes: Examiner?s Manual, Student Book, and 25 Examiner Record Booklets each for Forms A and B, all in a sturdy storage box.
- Provides scores for Rate, Accuracy, Fluency (Rate and Accuracy combined), Comprehension, and an Oral Reading Index (a composite of Fluency and Comprehension).
- The Oral Reading Index is reported as a standard score based on a distribution having a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15. Percentile ranks are also provided.
- Basal and ceiling rules were streamlined to make administration easier and more efficient.
- Completely revised comprehension questions and new reliability/validity studies to show that the items are passage dependent.
- An optional miscue analysis system allows reading specialists to analyze reading errors and tailor interventions to specific students? needs.