Devereux Scales of Mental Disorders (DSMD) Kit
The Devereux Scales of Mental Disorders (DSMD™) help to indicate whether a child or adolescent is experiencing or is at risk for an emotional or behavioural disorder,
DSMD is especially designed for treatment planning and outcome evaluation.
- Evaluate behavior in a variety of settings.
- Compare results to a large national sample.
- Support analysis for treatment planning and evaluation of treatment effectiveness.
The 111-item child form and the 110-item adolescent form cover a full range of psychopathology, including externalizing, internalizing, and critical pathology disorders.
- Consistently excellent composite scale reliabilities.
- Content validity based on DSM-IV and mapping of specific items to corresponding DSM-IV criteria.
- Factorially and logically derived scales reflect major dimensions of psychopathology.
- Validity studies utilizing inpatient and outpatient clinical groups.
- Any adult who has known the child for four weeks may serve as a rater.
- Same form is used for parent and teacher raters, with separate norms provided for each.