Comprehensive Test of Phonological Processing (CTOPP-2)
Ages: 4-0 through 24-11, Testing Time: 40 minutes, Administration: Individual
|The CTOPP-2 has four principal uses: (1) to identify individuals who are significantly below their peers in important phonological abilities, (2) to determine strengths and weaknesses among developed phonological processes, (3) to document individuals’ progress in phonological processing as a consequence of special intervention programs, and (4) to serve as a measurement device in research studies investigating phonological processing.|
It now is appropriate to administer the CTOPP-2 to 4-year-olds. The lower version of the CTOPP-2 now covers the 4- to 6-year-old range. A new phonological awareness subtest called Phoneme Isolation was added.
|1. Elision measures the ability to remove phonological segments from spoken words to form other words.|
2. Blending Words measures the ability to synthesize sounds to form words.
3. Sound Matching measures the ability to select words with the same initial and final sounds.
4. Phoneme Isolation measures the ability to isolate individual sounds within words.
5. Blending Non-words measures the ability to synthesize sounds to form non-words.
6. Segmenting Non-words measures the ability to segment non-words into phonemes.
7. Memory for Digits measures the ability to repeat numbers accurately.
8. Non-word Repetition measures the ability to repeat non-words accurately.
9. Rapid Digit Naming measures the ability to rapidly name numbers.
10. Rapid Letter Naming measures the ability to rapidly name letters.
11. Rapid Color Naming measures the ability to rapidly name colors.
12. Rapid Object Naming measures the ability to rapidly name objects.