Training General Management, Owner Management, Human Resources Management, Training Management and Line Management staff in objective, quantifiable Competence-based Interviewing Techniques.
In this programme participants learn how to:
- Prepare a Job Description
- Prepare a Person Specification
- Identify the specific behaviours associated with each element in the Person Specification which tend to be general and intangible e.g. leadership, vision, team-player
- Prepare a set number of competence-based questions to put to interviewees to test the degree to which they can demonstrate how they have manifested the behaviours associated with, for example, “leadership” in the past and be able to put a score on the quality of each answer.
- Prepare model answers, with scores, against which they can set their scoring system.
- Derive a cumulative score for each interviewee.
- Set a maximum score that can be got at interview
- Set a cut-off point at or above which each candidate must score to be deemed a suitable candidate for the job in question on the grounds of interview performance.
- Determine who is the best interview candidate for the job and why.
- Write an interview evaluation report explaining the process in general and, specifically, why the applicant who is being judged the best interviewee is being so judged.