Q. What does ETC Consult mean?
The name means ‘Education, Training and Career Consult’.
Q. What do we do?
- We specialise in using psychological expertise, interviewing skills and practical experience in providing a range of personal and professional services to individuals and organisations.
- We train people in the use of psychological instruments; interview, interviewing, CV and presentation skills.
- We provide psychological instruments (tests) to qualified people.
- We are suppliers of a wide range of books and materials related to psychology, education, training.
What are the services that we provide to individuals?
- Career Guidance Programme
- Career Discussion Programme
- Personal Development Programme
- Interview Skills Programme
- CV Programme
- Presentation Skills Programme
- Speech-making Programme
Q. What are the services that we provide to organisations?
- Objective, Psychometrics-based Staff Selection Service
- Training Service
- Career Guidance Service
- Redeployment Service for Redundant Staff
- Psychological Instruments Supply Service
- Recruitment Service
- Reference Checking Service
- External Interviewer for Interview Panels Service.
Q. What is our Mission Statement?
- To help individuals realise what they are really capable of and pursue a career they find interesting and challenging. A career that will fit well with their personalities and give them a good standard of living.
- To help organisations attract and retain the most suitable people in terms of ability, aptitude, motivation, personality, experience and values, to the advantage of both parties.
- To use the most reliable and valid psychological instruments, along with gentle interviewing expertise, supported by an impressive practical track-record in matching people and careers, to help us achieve these objectives.
Q. What products do ETC Consult provide?
- Psychometirc Instruments
- Psychological Assessments
- Educational Assessments
- Speech & Language Assessments
- Occupational Therapy Assessments
- Psychological Books and Resources
- Educaitonal Books and Resources
Q. What is ETC Consult’s track record?
We have over 37 years providing these services to individuals, families, public and private organisations in Ireland and overseas.
Q. What differentiates ETC Consult from other organisations in the same sector?
Our CEO, Patrick Shortt, has significant experience on both the consultancy and the client side of Irish industry.
As Human Resources and Training Manager for the biggest indigenous Engineering/Process/Transport and Manufacturing Organisations in Ireland in the 1970s he acquired invaluable expertise in recruiting, selecting, training, developing, promoting, transferring general operatives, apprentices, technicians, engineers, planners, accountants, quantity surveyors, supervisors, managers and CEOs in Ireland and abroad.
Since 1982 he has added organisations and individuals in Financial Services, Pharma, ICT, Education, Construction, Agriculture, Public Service and Owner Management to ETC Consult’s lists of satisfied clients and customers.
Q. How do I get more information on these services?
Please click on the appropriate button at the top of the page.